China’s Mobile Gaming Salon – Silicon Valley
Date: March. 8th, 6: 00pm(PST)
36Kr (36Kr.com) is the most popular blog focusing on internet startup in China. Since its start in Dec. 2010, it has been reporting over 200 well-recognized early-stage internet products in China. For the past year, it has grown from a tech blog to a multi-functional platform providing comprehensive service to startups in all of the internet related sectors.
Currently, 36Kr has been working extremely hard to create more values for their readers, entrepreneurs and investors. And now they want to connect their indigenous knowledge and experience of everything China to the Silicon Valley so that people will better understand the chinese tech environment.
In order to communicate with 36kr readers in US, co-hosted with the Great Wall Club US, this event will focus very much on Chinese mobile gaming industry and the general startups. The panel discussion will highlight mobile gaming monetization, addressing how to make REAL money in China and US. We hope this can pave ways for opportunities on both sides.
6:00 – 6:30pm Registration
6:30 – 6:45pm Opening & Introduction
6:50 – 7:50pm Brief Keynotes
- Thomas Luo - Typical misunderstandings between startup entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and China
- Andy Parng – How to build a self-expanding O2O platform without burning money
- Bin She – Differences between successful web/social games from East and West, and how to make a successful social game in China market
- Victor Tong
- Antonio Tomarchio
- Si Shen
7:50 – 8:20pm Panel Discussion
Topic: Tactics for Mobile Gaming Monetization in China
8:20 – 8:30pm Q & A
- Bin She: Bin is CEO and Co-founder of Firevale, a new social gaming startup based in Beijing. Firevale is travelling to attend Game Developer Conference in March.
- Thomas Luo: Thomas is the chief writer at CBN Weekly, the most popular business magazine in China. He moved to Silicon Valley as the publication’s US-based correspondent. He is a seasoned reporter/editor covering technology, mobile and new media and has been following the most cutting edge tech products and trends closely.
- Victor Tong: Victor is the founding Managing General Partner of Webplus Ventures, the founder of Webplus, and a “lean” angel investor. He invested in Webplus and many other companies in Internet and wireless Internet, e-commerce, online games, social networking, gaming/lottery, outsourcing, and healthcare in China and USA.
- Antonio Tomarchio: Antonio Tomarchio is the founder, President and CEO of Beintoo, based in Milan, Italy and Silicon Valley in California. Beintoo is a mobile gamification platform provider with non-intrusive mechanics that deepens player’s achievement experiences by bringing real rewards. Beintoo was awarded the top winner of the pan-Europe conference Le Web 2011 Startup Competition last December.
- Andy Parng: Andy is the founder and CEO of Specialdeals.com and Yikuair.com. As a new startup in Beijing and San Jose, Yikuair aims to build a self-expanding platform connecting online users and offline businesses without burning money. It added the “micro payment” improvement to the one-to-one traction requiring the buyer to pay only a small service to secure the discount first and then pay merchants directly the discounted price.
36Kr (36氪) is a tech blog focusing on internet startup, whose name comes from the 36th element “Krypton”(chemical symbol “Kr”) in Periodic Table. It’s said Krypton Planet is where Supermen come from.
Currently, 36Kr.com has boasted as one of the most popular blogs in Chinese internet entrepreneurship. It releases the most recent news and analysis about internet startup and technology.
Meanwhile, 36Kr opens up “Seeking for report” channel, exposing excellent startups and products in China. Besides reporting startups for free, 36Kr has constructed “36Kr Open Day(Oday)” as the press conference of new product for early-stage internet startups, which has been held around the big cities all over the country on a monthly basis.
36Kr has also built a platform for ”Seeking for funding” and “Seeking for talents”(To be released soon) for early internet startups, to provide more comprehensive service for Chinese entrepreneurs.
About Great Wall Club
The Great Wall Club (GWC) connects the mobile internet ecosystem of China to that of the world’s by enabling our members and clients to develop trusted relationships, learn market leading strategies, promote their initiatives and ultimately, grow their mobile internet business in China and the world. GWC Members include some of the world’s most influential executives, entrepreneurs, developers and investors in the mobile Internet industry such as executives from Tencent, Alibaba, China Unicomt, DeNA and Gree.
GWC is the organizer of the annual Global Mobile Internet Conference, the largest tech conference in Asia drawing 5000 tech leaders from more than 30 countries. GWC is headquartered in Beijing and has representative offices in Japan, USA, Singapore, Taiwan and Finland.
Great Wall Club USA is located in heart of Silicon Valley.
Angelhere is a social network for innovative start-ups and investors in China and U.S.. We help start-ups connect with the right investors, strategic and business partners in China.
Register at gwcus-36kr.eventbrite.com
General public $10. On-site $20. Seats are limited.
For event related inquiries, please contact Mia, email@example.com.